Hot on the heels of our Great Place to Work® Certification earlier this year, we’re very proud to announce that Touch has just won the prestigious Great Place to Work® (GPW) 2022 Best Workplaces for Women Award!
Let’s briefly explore how we achieved it and why it’s so important.
Experience working at Touch as a woman (85% of our grade)
This acknowledgement follows a rigorous 60+ question survey of our female team members that asked them to describe their experiences working at Touch.
Factors considered include how fairly their experiences compared to our male team members and how much they reported Touch as fostering a great place to work For All™. For example, we’re judged on employee trust and equal opportunities to reach their full potential, regardless of who they are or their role.
GPW analyse all responses to determine a range of factors:
- Whether a woman’s identity affects their experience of working at Touch
- Patterns in responses relative to the size of Touch, workforce makeup and typical industry and regional trends
- Whether employees from all backgrounds are involved in innovation opportunities
- Whether they believe Touch values are lived and breathed
- Whether they feel management is effective and fair
Representation of women at Touch (15% of our grade)
Representation of women across all areas at Touch is essential to our success, equality being a core practice across the company. GPW measures representation relative to the current industry trends, looking at our wider workforce and management positions.
To be considered for the award, any business must meet the following criteria:
- Employ at least 50 women – we employ 65
- At least 20% of non-executive managers must be female – our is 47%
- At least one female executive – we currently have two
Going above and beyond
Touch’s Work from Home business model and excellent employee benefits boosts this recognition. Our established Work from Home culture and additional annual leave gives every employee the freedom to create a work/life balance that suits them.
For those who want to start or grow a family, we offer enhanced maternity, paternity and fertility policies beyond what most companies offer – including Vitality healthcare insurance for all household members.
As one of the Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces for Women, we encourage anyone who wants to work in a bonafide equal opportunities environment to reach out – we’re an excellent fit for anyone hoping to begin a new career!
Thank you to all the women who make up our incredible team. Their dedication to their role and every team member makes us incredibly proud to be helping lead the way in gender equality and representation.